UWA Dental School


There are restrictions on who can access services from the Oral Health Centre.

Public patients

The Oral Health Centre provides subsidised general and specialist dental services to members of the WA public who meet the eligibility criteria determined by the WA Government. To be eligible for subsidised treatment patients must be a holder of a current healthcare or pension concession card. The level of subsidy depends on the amount of benefit received. Prospective patients should telephone (+61 8) 6457 4400 for information about eligibility as the criteria are complex.

Patients are required to either produce a statement of their benefit or sign a consent form to authorise the Oral Health Centre to access their Centrelink benefit details so their eligibility and subsidy can be confirmed. Patients are required to show their up-to-date healthcare or pension concession card at each appointment.

The Oral Health Centre is the exclusive provider of specialist dental services to eligible patients in Western Australia. All specialist treatment is by formal referral from a general dentist.

Back to top

Income support patients

Persons who are not eligible for Government-subsidised treatment but who are deemed "low-income" under criteria established by the Oral Health Centre are entitled to low-cost treatment by students, general dentists and specialist dentists (subject to availability). The students are closely supervised by experienced academic staff and qualified dentists.

Back to top